If you are looking for a powerful and multifunctional steam cleaner, the Bissell PowerFresh Slim 3-in-1 Steam Mop may be just what you need. The 3-in-1 design allows you to use it as a traditional steam mop, handheld steamer, and an extended-reach handheld unit. The floor mop features a swivel head that allows you to clean under tables and furniture with ease, while the large water tank enables you to clean your floors continuously for up to 15 minutes of steam time.
The Model No 2075A is also powered by an impressive 1500 watt heating element that produces high-temperature steam to quickly and easily remove dirt, grease, and grime from all of your surfaces.
This review will look at all of the features that this machine has to offer as well as its drawbacks. We will also discuss its performance and how it stacks up against other similar models on the market. Let’s get started!
Key Features of the Bissell PowerFresh Slim 3-in-1 Steam Mop & Handheld Steam Cleaner
3-In-1 Steam Mop
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim can be used as a steam mop, handheld steamer, and an extended-reach handheld steamer. The steam mop with the extension wand and mop pad helps clean floors quickly and easily, and the mop foot features a swivel head that allows you to get into tight spaces. The steam mop can be used on all sealed floor types, including marble, tile, and linoleum.
To convert the steam mop into the handheld pod, remove the extension wand and mop head from the unit and clean your above-the-floor surfaces such as countertops, mirrors, windows, and more.
You can also use the extension wand and accessories to convert it into an extended reach handheld unit that allows you to clean hard-to-reach areas like under tables or higher up on walls. This is also beneficial for cleaning grout without having to bend over, or get down on the floor.
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim steam mop comes with 6 accessories. They are:
- Grout tool – for wall and floor grout
- Flat scraper tool – excellent for stuck on messes and oven cleaning
- Red and Green bristle brush – for extra scrubbing, color coded for use in different areas of your home
- Angle tool – excellent for door and window tracks and toilet cleaning
- Flat surface tool – like a mini steam mop for above floor cleaning, use on benchtops or to get into tight spaces where the mop head is too large. This also doubles as a clothing steamer tool to steam your clothing, drapery, upholstery, bed linen and pet bedding
- Two different mop pads, one plain microfiber mop pad and a scrubby microfiber mop pad
The slim steam mop also comes with a wall mount for handy vertical storage. There is a spot onboard the handheld steamer to store 4 accessories. This stores the grout tool, angle tool, 1 x bristle brush and the scraper tool.
Water Tank & Steam Levels
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim has a large water tank that can hold up to 12 ounces (350ml) of water. This allows you to clean your floors continuously for up to 15 minutes of steam time. The water tank is transparent, easy to refill, and located on the handheld steamer’s top.
To fill the water tank, pull the cap straight up to open, and pour in distilled or demineralized water. Ensure that you do not fill the tank above the MAX line, as this could cause it to overflow when used. Close the cap after filling.
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim also features two steam levels: low and high. The low steam level is excellent for delicate surfaces, while the high steam level is perfect for cleaning tough messes. To use the SmartSet Steam control, plug in the machine, and wait for 30 seconds for the water to heat. Then, select your desired steam level and use it accordingly. You can pause the steam output at any time.
The unit also features a steam trigger that allows you to control the amount of released steam.
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim comes with two different microfiber cleaning pads: a white mop pad and a scrubby mop pad. The white mop pad is for everyday use on all sealed floor types and can be used on either low or high steam mode. The scrubby mop pad has a rough texture that helps to remove tough dirt and grime from your floors. It works best on tile or linoleum floors using the high steam level setting.
To attach the mop pad, wrap the mop pad around the bottom of the steam mop. Make sure that the gray stitching is lined up with the front of the foot, and the Quick-Grip Release Tab is located on the backside of the mop pad. The cleaning pads are machine washable and can be used repeatedly.
Long Power Cord and Easy Wall Mount Storage
This unit features a 25-foot long power cord. The power cord can be wrapped around the palm of your hand and can be held in place by a wrap strap for easy storage. The Bissell PowerFresh Slim also features a wall mount storage slot located on the back of the cleaner. This allows you to store your cleaner away from children and pets and provides easy access when needed.
Assembly of the Bissell PowerFresh Slim
The BISSELL PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop is easy to assemble, and its instructions are clear and to the point. This particular steam mop comes packaged with Handheld Pod, Extension Wand, and Mop Pad Foot, and the assembly process consists of these three simple steps:
- Attach the extension wand to the mop pad foot. You will hear a click when it is in place.
- Insert the handheld pod into the extension line until it clicks into place.
- Attach the toolbox to the handheld pod by aligning the clip on the backside of the toolbox to the opening and the bottom of the hand-held pod and sliding down into place. Your Bissell slim steam mop is now assembled and ready to use.
How to use the Bissell PowerFresh Slim
To use the BISSELL PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop, follow these easy steps:
- Plug in your steam cleaner; you will notice that the steam ready light on the machine starts to blink. Wait until this light turns solid before using the Bissell slim. This means the steam mop is heated and ready to use.
- When ready, select one of two different steam settings depending on what type of cleaning job you are doing – high for heavy-duty jobs and low for smaller jobs.
To use the handheld steamer, simply follow the same process as you would do with the main unit but remove the handheld steamer from the main unit first by pressing down on the release button located on the bottom side of it.
- Now attach your desired cleaning accessory. There are 7 accessories to choose from, 4 of which store on board the handheld unit for easy access.
- When finished cleaning, turn off the machine, and wait for the steam to stop.
- Remove tools from the unit and assemble the unit back together for storage.
Here is a video overview of the types of areas the Bissell slim steam mop can clean:
Bissell Powerfresh Slim Steam Mop Stores
The Bissell Powerfresh steam mop can be purchased from the official Bissell website and other third-party websites such as Amazon and Walmart. Bissell offer bundle deals which include scented demineralized water and mop head pads for a small extra cost. This works out much better than purchasing items individually. Buying direct from Bissell also ensures you receive genuine Bissell products. Here are some stores that sell the Bissell Slim 2075A:
Drawbacks of the Bissell PowerFresh Slim
Although the Bissell PowerFresh Slim steam mop comes with many great features, it still lacks in some areas. Here are the biggest complaints about the Bissell slim 2075A:
- Weight – at just over 6 pounds without water, this unit can get a little heavy on the arms, particularly with above floor cleaning.
- Steam Trigger – you need to hold the steam trigger down to release the steam constantly. This can get tiring on the hands and isn’t the best choice for those with arthritis or lack of strength in their hands and wrists.
- Short run time – if you have a whole house to clean, you will need to refill this machine often.
- Lack of durability for the brush attachments.
- No carpet glider – this machine is suitable for hard surface cleaning only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions (and their answers) regarding the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam mop:
Can you use Bissell PowerFresh Slim on Carpet?
No, the Bissell PowerFresh Slim is not meant to be used on the carpet because the product doesn’t include a carpet glider attachment required to clean rugs or carpets.
How Hot Does the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop Get?
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop heats up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit to generate steam. This steam is hot enough to kill 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria when used continuously for an appropriate period of time.
Is it Safe to Put Essential Oil In My PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop?
No, putting essential oil in the water tank of your steam mop may cause clogging or damage to the device. The only use of distilled water or demineralized water is recommended. If you want to add a fresh scent to your floors, use Bissell’s demineralized waters available in various scents like Citrus, Eucalyptus Mint, and Spring Breeze.
Bissell's most popular scent, Spring Breeze is available as scented discs for steam mops, or this 32oz bottle of scented demineralized water. Use is any steam mop for a fresh aroma as you clean. Use straight out of the bottle, or dilute with distilled or demineralized water for a lighter scent (and longer lasting product).
Is the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop Any Good?
Most consumers praised the Bissell slim for fast heat up time, ease of use, multi surface usage and helpful attachments. The general consensus is that the Bissell Slim steam mop is good for light cleaning.
It is mostly used in kitchens and bathrooms and is good for spot cleaning. Bissell have included necessary accessories for all round cleaning. Durability of Bissell accessories is questionable (not just with the slim steam mop, most Bissell steam cleaner users report this issue). How long the bristle brushes will last depends on frequency of use and how much elbow grease you apply.
What are the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop Accessories?
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim 3-in-1 Steam Mop comes with nine versatile accessories to provide you with the best steam cleaning experience. These accessories include:
- White Mop Pad: It can be used for everyday cleaning from delicate floors.
- Scrubby Mop Pad: Ideal for removing tough, stuck-on messes from durable floors.
- Green Bristle Brush is great for cleaning bathroom and kitchen sink countertops, oven, and more.
- Grout Tool: It is designed for removing dirt and grime from the grout.
- Angle Concentrator Tool: Use this tool to clean hard-to-reach, smaller edges and corners of your home, such as showerheads, toilet seats, and sliding-door tracks.
- Clothing Steamer: It is used to refresh and sanitize your clothes, upholstery, pet beds, and other fabrics.
- Flat Surface Tool: Use this tool to clean above-the-floor lager areas such as countertops.
- Flat scraper tool: This tool is great for removing tough, stuck-on messes from stovetops, microwaves, and refrigerators.
- Toolbox: The device also comes with an on-hand storage kit that allows you to store and carry your tools while cleaning.
Bissell PowerFresh Slim vs. Deluxe
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim is a more feature-rich device than the Deluxe. The main difference between them is that the Bissell PowerFresh Slim is a 3-in-1 steam mop that can be used as a traditional steam mop, portable handheld steamer, and an extended-reach handheld unit. In contrast, the Bissell PowerFresh Deluxe can only be used to steam clean your floors.
Bissell PowerFresh Slim vs Pet
The Bissell PowerFresh Pet steam is designed with pet owners in mind. It includes a flip down scrubbing brush on the back of the unit for easy cleaning of dried on messes. The PowerFresh Pet also includes odor eliminating scent discs, and a carpet glider for refreshing your rugs and carpets.
The PowerFresh pet is a steam mop only with no handheld steamer, or above floor cleaning tools. If you are a pet owner, you could also consider the PowerFresh Pet Lift Off, which is a steam mop that also features a removable handheld steam cleaner and accessories. It is less top heavy than the Bissell Slim steam mop as the handheld steam cleaner sits lower on the machine. Overall, it does weigh more than the Bissell slim 2075a (by almost 4 pounds).
Read More Bissell Steam Mop Reviews
Compare all the Bissell Steam Mops, with links to in depth reviews of each model in our Bissell Steam Mop overview here.
Bissell PowerFresh Slim vs. Shark Lift-Away
Both the Bissell PowerFresh Slim and Shark Lift Away Pro (model number S3973) are both steam mops with built in handheld steam cleaners. Here are the key differences:
- Bissell offer a slightly better warranty, 2 years compared to 1 year for the Shark.
- The Shark weighs 4.8 pounds without water, just under 1.5 pounds lighter than the Bissell.
- The Shark was 3 steam controls, the Bissell has 2.
- Neither steam mop stands up on its own when not in use.
- The Bissell has more attachments for grout cleaning.
- The Shark holds more water than the Bissell (16.9 ounces compared to 12 ounces).
- The Shark comes with one mop pad, which you can use both sides. The Bissell comes with two single sided mop head pads. Both units are likely to need extra pads purchased.
- The Shark is a 1200 watt machine, the Bissell is a 1500 watt machine.
- Neither steam cleaner is designed for use on rugs or carpets.
You can compare both products on Amazon here:
Bissell PowerFresh Slim vs PowerFresh 1940
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim is an upgraded version of the PowerFresh 1940. The main difference between them is that the Bissell PowerFresh Slim can be used as a handheld steamer, traditional mop, and an extended-reach cleaner.
Compared to Bissell PowerFresh 1940, it is more versatile because you can use it to clean on both the floor and above-the-floor surfaces.
So, if you are looking for a steam mop that can be used both on and above your floors, the Bissell PowerFresh Slim may be an ideal choice. But if you just need a basic steam mop that can clean only your floors, the less expensive Bissell PowerFresh 1940 may be a better option for you.
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim 3-in-1 Steam Mop & Handheld Steam Cleaner is a handy tool to have around the house. It’s easy to use, compact and simple to store. It is top heavy and better suited to light cleaning or smaller homes and apartments. The added attachments are all the basic items you need for a complete house clean.
The top heavy design, short run time and need to hold in the steam trigger let the Bissell Slim down a little. For spot cleaning or small spaces however, the Bissell 2075a will work brilliantly.