If you have marble floors in your home, you know how tough it can be to keep them clean. Marble is a beautiful flooring choice, but it’s hard to get dirt and grime off of the surface without damaging it. Luckily there are steam mops for marble floors that will do the job!
A steam mop is an excellent tool for cleaning marble floors because it uses hot water and steam to loosen dirt and grime from the floor’s surface. Not only does this offer better floor cleaning than other methods, but it also helps protect the surface of the marble from damage.
In this blog post, we’ll review the eight best steam mops for marble floors with features, pros, and cons so that you can find one best suited for your needs.
McCulloch MC1385 Steam Cleaner
If you have a large home with marble flooring, the McCulloch MC1385 is an excellent choice to make light work of cleaning. This canister steam cleaner runs for up to 2 hours and has 23 accessories to get into the grout between your marble tiles, as well as clean your mirrors, shower screen and other areas of your home.
If you have some delicate marble areas that you need to steam, this machine also has variable steam settings. Outputting steam at 15 grams per minute on the lowest setting, up to 31 grams per minute on the max setting, you can vary the steam output according to your needs.
- Variable steam settings – up to 58 PSI
- Large 64oz water tank
- Runs for up to 2 hours
- 10ft steam hose
- 1500 watts of power
- 18ft power cord
- Takes at least 12 minutes to fully heat the water, not great for quick clean ups
- Brass bristles are much better than nylon for grout – need to purchase extras
- The upright design may tip over if you pull on it too hard
Consider also the McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam Cleaner. It has a slightly smaller water tank, but the lower design avoids tipping that may occur with the machine above. It runs for 90 minutes rather than 120 minutes, but all of the other specifications of the machine are the same with regards to temperature and steam output. There are 2 less accessories with the MC1375.
Costway Steam Cleaner
You certainly won’t lose the Costway Steam Cleaner in your home, with it’s shiny bright orange finish! Don’t let that deter you though, this little powerhouse may be a budget brand, but outputs steam up to 226 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 45 minutes.
There’s attachments for every conceivable cleaning option and onboard storage for those small bristle brushes that are prone to getting lost.
I really like the function where the steam nozzle pulls out of the handle. If you’re cleaning your marble floors and see a spot that needs some extra steam, or some dirty grout, you can easily disconnect the extension pole and spot treat that section.
As always, use distilled water in this steamer and you should find it compares well to the leading brands.
- Steams up to 4 bar pressure (same as the McCulloch above)
- 19 accessories included
- Approx 40 minutes of steam time
- Light weight and easy to maneuver around
- Auto shut off if overheats
- As a canister cleaner you need to wait up around 10 minutes for it to fully heat up.
- 2 mop pads included, may need to purchase more for spare, or for larger homes.
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is an all round steam cleaner that provides up to 50 minutes of continuous high-temperature steam with a maximum temperature of 275° F.
This steamer is perfect for cleaning marble floors with its long running time and easy maneuverability. This hard floor steam cleaner also comes with various accessories that can be used for multiple cleaning purposes in the home. It features a retractable handle and a 54 oz. of a large capacity tank for convenient and continuous steam cleaning.
- Lightweight and portable unit for easy maneuverability.
- Lifetime warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
- Chemical-free cleaning for a healthy home.
- Automatic safety shutoff feature for added protection.
- 3 microfiber pads for streak-free and lint-free cleaning.
- No need for expensive pads: A regular towel or cloth can also be used.
- 16 foot power cord length – ideally could be longer.
- Pricier than upright steam mops.
Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop is another affordable option for steam mopping marble floors. This steam mop comes with two washable microfiber pads, so you can use it on multiple surfaces without having to switch out the pads!
The lightweight and compact steam mop heats up in just 30 seconds, making it perfect for quickly cleaning surfaces. This Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove dirt and grime from your floors!
- Kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals.
- It features a Quick Release Swivel Cord Wrap for easy cord management.
- The mop offers 2-Sided Cleaning with its double-sided microfiber pad.
- Its lightweight (less than five pounds) and compact, making it easy to store in small spaces.
- It’s suitable for cleaning hard surfaces such as marble, sealed stone, ceramic tile, grout lines in tile floors, laminates (no sticky residue left behind).
- A budget-friendly option.
- The brand offers only a 1-year warranty period.
H2O X5 Steam Mop
The H20 Mop X-Series Basic Steam Cleaner is best suited for cleaning marble floors because of its high quality. This steam cleaner features a variety of tools that make it suitable for cleaning multiple surfaces around the home, including tiles, showers and grout lines, countertops, windowsills and mirrors, faucets and fixtures – even upholstery!
This product comes with an array of accessories such as a squeegee, jet nozzle, detail brush, one 33.5 inch extension hose, and a fabric steaming tool to make it perfect for all of your cleaning needs. The H20 Mop X-Series Basic Steam Cleaner is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it ideal for those hard-to-reach places.
- It features an 11 piece accessory kit that includes a variety of tools for cleaning multiple surfaces.
- It can be used as an upright steam cleaner, handheld steamer, handheld garment steamer, and floor mop.
- Ideal for cleaning marble tiles, as well as linoleum, natural stone, ceramic tiles, vinyl, and hardwood floorings.
- It provides natural chemical-free cleaning to protect your pets and family from harsh chemicals.
- The product can also work best on soft floorings such as carpets and rugs.
- The Innovative Triangle Head of the steam mop is designed to clean corners and tight spaces.
- The brand offers only a 1-year warranty period.
- The short cord length is not suitable for cleaning large areas.
Can You Use a Steam Mop on Marble Floors?
Yes, you can use a steam mop on marble floors as long as you take some precautions. Marble is not very porous, which means that it does not absorb liquids and chemicals very well. This also means that it can be difficult to clean if you do not use the right cleaners and techniques.
However, if you use the right steam mop and cleaners on your floors, they will be sparkling clean in no time.
So, a steam mop is a great way to clean your marble floors. Just make sure that you use a gentle cleaner on your marble floors, as harsh chemicals can damage them. Also, make sure that the steam mop you use has a low-temperature setting. If not, it could damage your floor.
Is Steaming Floors Better Than Mopping?
Yes, it is. Steaming can reach areas that traditional mops cannot, such as in between tiles and around furniture. It also uses less water than mopping, and no chemicals, which can be helpful for those with allergies or asthma. Additionally, the hot steam sanitizes floors, killing more germs than traditional mopping methods.
With steamers, floors are more thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in a shorter amount of time without leaving too many streaks on your floor or discoloring it from excess water. Traditional Mops also leave a lot of dirt behind because the mop heads cannot absorb as much dirt.
So, if you are looking for a more effective way to clean your floors, go with a steamer!
What Can You Not Put On a Marble Floor?
There are a few things you should avoid putting on your marble floor:
- Acids, such as vinegar or lemon juice, can etch the stone’s surface and damage it over time.
- Likewise, alkaline substances, like bleach or ammonia, can also wear away at the finish.
- Soap and other cleaning solutions should also be avoided, as they can leave a film on the surface that will make your floor look dirty.
- Finally, do not put any sealer or wax on your marble floor – this will trap moisture and cause the stone to deteriorate.
If you take care of your floor and avoid these substances, they will stay looking beautiful for years to come!
If you’re considering a steam mop for your marble floors, we hope this article has helped. We’ve reviewed the best steam cleaners for marble floors based on their features and reviews from customers to help make an informed decision about which one will work best for you!
So, which of the steam mops listed here is your favorite? We look forward to hearing about your experiences with these products. Please provide any feedback or tips you think may be helpful for other readers! Thanks and happy cleaning!