The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is among the most popular steam cleaners on the market. As we researched various models, we realized this appliance has more customer reviews than most competitors. We got curious and decided to find out why the product is so popular and what makes it unique. If you have been searching for the best steam cleaner, you need to read our detailed Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner review to know if it is worth your money or not.
Features of the Durpray Neat Steam Cleaner
Watch this video below for a quick overview of everything you can do with the Dupray Neat:
Some of the most outstanding features you will find in this unit include:
One of the major selling points of this steam cleaner is the portable design that makes it easy to use. Apart from the lightweight construction, it has a few buttons for easier use. The top handle has a retractable design and is very comfortable to hold. You only need to push the button and wait until it turns green when starting the unit.
Construction and Warranty
This unit features top-quality components in terms of construction, meaning it is built to last. Due to the quality of the materials used in its construction, it comes with a 2 years warranty for general components and a lifetime warranty on the aluminum boiler tank. Unlike most of its competitors, this unit is ETL-listed, which is very safe to use. It requires 120V AC and 60 Hz power and offers up to 1500 watts at an amperage of 12.5A. It measures 10.5 x 10.5 x 9.5 inches and weighs about 9 lbs.
When searching for the best steam cleaner, you should consider a versatile unit. In this regard, the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner comes with 17 accessories. As a result, you can rely on it for various types of cleaning. The 17 pieces included are;
- 5 Nylon brushes
- 3 Microfiber pads
- 2 extension tubes
- Triangular tool microfiber bonnet
- Rectangular floor tool
- Microfiber cloth
- Brass brush
- Triangular tool
- Window tool
The machine is equipped with a large water tank with a capacity of 54 oz or 1.6 liters. This means that you don’t need to refill it frequently. Besides that, the unit offers a continuous performance for 50 minutes. A steam lock is included to provide steady cleaning performance. However, this water tank doesn’t have an indicator to show the water level.
Whether you are searching for the best steam cleaner for professional or home use, the Dupray Steam Cleaner will be worth your money. It is best used with distilled water. You won’t need to wait long for it to heat up, around 7 minutes. It provides a steam pressure of up to 50 PSI and a steam temperature of up to 275⁰F/135⁰C. The 50 PSI offers more than enough pressure for general home cleaning.
Steam can remove up to 99.9% of pathogens, bacteria, viruses, mold, bedbugs, and other harmful microorganisms. You can use it to deodorize, sanitize, disinfect and degrease any surface without using chemicals.
Long power hose and power cord
This cleaner comes with a 6 foot 6 inch hose to make your work easier when cleaning. As a result, you can clean a large surface area without straining. The power cord is 16 inches long, meaning that you can clean different rooms efficiently. Apart from that, the steam cleaner comes with smooth-rolling wheels to enhance mobility.
Another thoughtful feature you will find in this machine is the integrated funnel that allows you to fill the water tank without spillage.
Due to the fantastic features of this unit, you may think that it is costly. However, this machine is among the best steam cleaners for under $200.
Functionality of the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is a very versatile unit. This means that you can use it for different purposes, which include;
Cleaning most kitchen appliances can be hectic and time-consuming. Using this appliance, you can quickly degrease or sanitize most of your kitchen appliances, such as countertops, BBQs, ovens, sinks, fridges, and seals, among others.
Are you searching for a reliable machine for removing stubborn dirt from the floor? This steam cleaner will give you unmatched performance. You can also use it with microfiber bonnets, microfiber pads, or regular cleaning cloths. Again, you can use it for all types of floors, whether ceramic, stone tiles, or any other type of hard flooring.
We all know how difficult it is to clean different types of furniture like couches, delicate upholstery, chairs, leather, etc. However, you can use this steam cleaner to remove odors and stubborn stains from any type of furniture.
When you invest in the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner, you don’t need to take your car to a car wash for cleaning. You can use it to deep clean your car interior, door jams, engines, fabric seats, leather, consoles, and hard surfaces. It is also highly effective in removing stains from any part of your car.
Not many steam cleaners are suitable for disinfecting toilets and showers. However, this model is highly effective for that. It is also perfect for removing soap and mineral residue from various surfaces. Besides that, you can highly rely on it when deep cleaning grouts lines or restoring porous tiles to their original shiny appearance.
With this unit, you will be able to remove dust mites, bed bugs, stains, and any type of dirt from your mattress.
How to Assemble and Use the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Who Should Buy the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner?
The Dupray neat steam cleaner is suitable for;
- Those who need professional results – just like the high-end models used for heavy-duty cleaning tasks, this model also provides professional results. This means that you can use this unit for deep cleaning carpets, floors, kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, furniture, appliances, car interior, etc.
- Affordable price – If you are on a budget and cannot afford the expensive models, this model is among the best steam cleaners for the budget. Despite its low price, it delivers exceptional results when cleaning.
- Allergy Sufferers – If you experience allergic reactions due to bacteria, dust, dirt, mold, or cleaning chemicals, this machine will be a good choice. It can remove up to 99.9% of microorganisms that cause allergies. It also uses water (preferably distilled) instead of chemicals to remove bacteria and viruses.
- Those with children or pets – For those with small babies or pets that come into contact with the floor when crawling, this steamer will be an excellent investment. This is because it can remove all forms of dirt and contaminants that might affect your kids or even pets.
- Durable components
- Portable and powerful
- 17 accessories included
- ETL certified
- Smooth-rolling wheels and a retractable handle
- Long steam hose and power cord
- 2 years general warranty, lifetime warranty on the boiler tank
- Add fresh discs – like Bissell, there are scented discs to fragrance the air whilst cleaning
- Lacks a water level indicator
- Cord can be tricky to wrap around the base of the unit
Factors we Considered When Recommending the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Compared to its competitors, we love some outstanding features about this particular model.
- Versatility – Before you buy a steam cleaner, the first thing you need to check is its versatility. Can it clean all the items you may need to clean in your home? In this regard, we found out that the Dupray Neat Cleaner comes with many accessories, which make it ideal for cleaning almost everything you have in your home.
- Customer reviews – Sometimes, the product’s features may be exaggerated, meaning that you might end up being frustrated after buying the product. The best way to confirm that all the components are working is by going through the customer’s feedback. This will help you know the product’s good and bad attributes. Compared to others, this model is among the best-selling products, which is very reliable.
- Heating time – Some steam cleaners will take up to 20 minutes or more to heat up. Such models are not convenient for quick clean-up jobs. This unit takes about 7 minutes to heat up, and it also provides continuous performance for 50 minutes.
- Power consumption – You don’t need a unit that consumes a lot of electricity when cleaning. To determine the amount of power a steam cleaner consumes, you should check the wattage. The Dupray neat steam cleaner provides up to 1500 watts of cleaning power.
- Portability – When cleaning your house or various items in your home, you need a portable unit. In this regard, this cleaner comes with smooth-rolling wheels to enhance mobility. It weighs about 9 lbs meaning that it is very lightweight. It also comes with a long steam hose and power cable for more effortless movements.
- Price and warranty – If you are on a budget, the Dupray neat steam cleaner will be a good choice due to its affordable price. It also comes with a 2 years warranty meaning that it is built to last.
- After sales service – Dupray have head offices in USA, Canada and UK. If you are in any of these countries, we recommend Dupray as
Dupray Neat vs Dupray Home Steam Cleaner
Both Dupray neat and Home Steam Cleaners are very effective machines. However, their features are slightly different. Some of their differences include;
- The Dupray neat steam cleaner comes with 17 accessories, while the home steam cleaner has 14 accessories. However, they are equally versatile.
- Pressure – In terms of pressure, the Dupray neat cleaner provides up to 50 PSI, while the Dupray home offers up to 43 PSI.
- Temperature- The Dupray home model heats up to 293⁰F, which is super effective in removing bacteria, viruses, dirt, etc. On the other hand, the Dupray neat heats up to 275⁰F/135⁰.
- Cleaning time – With the Dupray neat cleaner, you can work continuously for 50 minutes, while the Dupray home cleaner provides up to 40 minutes of continuous cleaning.
- The Dupray Home has adjustable steam settings, the Dupray Neat has one steam setting only.
- The Dupray Home produces steam with a 5% water content. This is a drier steam output than the Dupray Neat.
- Boiler Tank Construction – the Dupray home cleaner has a stainless steel boiler tank, the Dupray Neat has a aluminum boiler tank.
- Warranty – When searching for the best steam cleaner, it is essential to check the warranty. In this regard, the Dupray home cleaner comes with a 3 years warranty and a lifetime warranty for the stainless steel boiler. On the other hand, the Dupray neat comes with a 2 years warranty, also with the lifetime boiler tank warranty.
Overall, the Dupray Home offers a better quality stainless steel boiler tank, hotter steam with less moisture and variable steam controls. I would choose the Dupray Home Steam Cleaner over the Dupray Neat. You can read my full review of the Dupray Home Steam Cleaner here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most commonly asked questions about the Dupray Neat steam cleaner, and their answers.
Is the Dupray Neat Cleaner Worth It?
The Dupray neat cleaner is among the most versatile and reliable steam cleaners that will give you great value for your money. It offers excellent steaming time and comes with 17 attachments for various forms of cleaning. In terms of price, it is very affordable and easy to use.
How Hot Does the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Get?
The Dupray steam cleaner heats up to 275⁰F (135⁰C). This makes it perfect for general cleaning, degreasing around the kitchen, and deodorizing upholstery.
Where is the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Made?
Dupray advertise all of their accessories are made in Italy by Tecnovap. The Neat steam cleaner is designed in Canada, however, Dupray do not publicly state where the steam cleaner itself is manufactured.
Can I Put Vinegar in my Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner?
If you use tap water in your Dupray Neat steamer, it is recommended you clean the boiler using a vinegar and water solution after every 40 hours of use. You may need to do this more frequently for harder water.
Dupray recommend a mixture of 50% vinegar and 50% water be poured into the boiler tank. Leave the boiler cap open, do not run the machine. Let the vinegar solution sit in the tank for a maximum of 40 minutes, before emptying the tank. Rinse with clean water until the vinegar smell disappears.
Can the Dupray Neat be used on Carpet?
The Dupray Neat steam cleaner can be used to spot clean carpets, using the steam lance and a microfiber cloth. It does not come with a carpet glider, however, Dupray state that it can be used on carpet with the floor tool and a microfiber cloth.
Can I use the Dupray Neat Cleaner to Clean Windows?
A squeegee attachment is included with the Dupray Neat cleaner. This is suitable to use on windows, car windshields, shower screens and mirrors and glass. The squeegee tool can also help to remove soap scum.
Biggest Complaints About the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Most users are super impressed with the Dupray Neat. Things to be aware of are:
- The steamer head swivels from side to side, but not up and down. If you are cleaning under furniture, you cannot go too deep or the steamer head will lift off the floor.
- You cannot see how much water is left in the boiler.
- The cord wraps around the bottom of the unit, not the best design.
- The heat of the steam melts the plastic bristle brushes, much faster if you put some elbow great into cleaning as well.
- Despite the advertised heat up time of 7-8 minutes, some users needed 10-12 minutes to fully heat the boiler tank.
The Dupray Neat steam cleaner is the entry level canister cleaner from Dupray. After reading our detailed Dupray neat review, we hope you understand how this versatile steam cleaner works. It is among the most popular steam cleaners due to it’s affordable price, compact design and good performance. The lifetime warranty on the boiler tank is impressive for such a low cost steam cleaner.
- Do Steam Cleaners Kill Dust Mites? - January 6, 2024
- How to Get Rid of Dust Mites in Clothes: Proven Strategies for a Mite-Free Wardrobe - January 6, 2024
- How to Use a Face Steamer (incl Tools) | Step by Step Guide - December 18, 2023